Your phone company is committed to following the rules set by the Illinois Commerce Commission (ICC) in its delivery of service, billing, and guidelines for payment. Copies of these rules are available from the ICC.
To begin service, contact us at 1-888-574-4454 or 815-882-2201. Please be prepared to provide the following information:
- Your full name and the street address where you want service, including apartment number if needed.
- How or if you would like your name listed in the next edition of the telephone directory?
- Credit information including employment or source of income.
- Identification – Drivers License or a State ID.
A new basic local exchange service must be installed within 5 business days unless otherwise requested by the customer. If this standard is not met, the customer will be given a credit equal to the normal installation charge. If this standard is not met by the 10th business day following the original installation date, the customer will be given credit equal to 100% of the normal installation charge.
Credit and Deposit Information
We have the right to charge a deposit for any of the following
- You cannot provide satisfactory credit information.
- Failed to pay a prior bill with us.
- Have not previously had service in your name.
- If you have had service with any telephone company for at least 12 months and can verify a satisfactory payment record, no deposit will be required.
Telephone bills are postmarked by the 1st of each month and are due within 21 days from the billing date. Your bill will itemize your monthly charges.
Service Interruption Credit
If basic local exchange service has been interrupted and remains out for more than 24 hours after receiving notice we will make an appropriate adjustment. Adjustments are based on the number of days the customer is out of basic local exchange service:
28-48 hours – 1/30 of the local service bill
48-72 hours – 1/3 of the local service bill
72-96 hours – 2/3 of local service bill
96-120 hours – 100% of local service bill
120 hours or more – $20 per day or alternative phone service,
at customers option
*Includes custom calling features, but excludes federal subscriber line charge, 911 service, directory, and long-distance charges.
If within a 12-month period, we receive more than two payments from you in the form of non-sufficient funds checks, we may place you on a cash-only basis.
Termination of Service
We have the right to terminate service for any of the following:
- Nonpayment of a bill
- Nonpayment of a deposit or refusal to pay the increased amount
- Default on a deferred payment agreement
- Not allowing telephone company employees access to company-owned equipment after we have made a request to do so.
- We will mail a Final Notice before the service will be disconnected.
All of the rules and credits listed in this section, do NOT apply if the violation of a service quality standard occurs as a result of:
- The negligent or willful act of the customer
- A malfunction of customer-owned telephone equipment of inside wire, regardless if the customer has an inside wire maintenance plan
- An emergency situation
- The inability to gain access to customers’ premise due to customers missing the appointment
- A customer requested a change in the scheduled appointment
- The customer refusing access to the premises
- The lack of facilities at a geographically remote location
If you have a question about your bill, please contact us. If a solution is not satisfactory, you have the right to contact the ICC’s Consumer Services Division.
If we are unable to reach an agreement with you on a disputed issue, you have the right to file a complaint with the ICC.
If scheduled appointments for installation and repair of basic local service are not met, a $50 credit per missed appointment will be issued. It does not apply if the telephone company gives the customer ICC-defined notice of their inability to keep the appointment, regardless of the reason. Additionally, should the service technicians meet a scheduled appointment but the customer is not available or unwilling to accept service, a $50 service charge will apply. This charge does not apply if the customer gives the telephone company 24-hour notice of their inability to keep the appointment.